Highlands Ranch Homes for Sale
Updated Real Estate in Highlands Ranch
Highlands Ranch is the largest master-planned community in the state of Colorado, located just 15 miles south of Denver on a landmass that is over 22,000 acres. Founded in 1981, this community was originally known for grazing cattle, but it has since transformed into a stunning suburb.
Highlands Ranch has made much growth progress with a new freeway, commercial development, amenities, and recreation centers. Continue to read this guide to Highlands Ranch, CO living to see if it is the right place for you.
Included below are homes for sale in Highlands Ranch, CO. To learn more about any of these Highlands Ranch real estate listings, simply click the "Request More Information" button while viewing the property details. We would love to provide you with property specific disclosures, past sales history, recent sale dates and prices of homes nearby, and more! Don't forget to register for a free account to receive email notifications whenever new Highlands Ranch listings become available. Or start your search for all Highlands Ranch, CO real estate listings.
High Price Living in Highlands Ranch
Because Highlands Ranch, CO is so close to Denver, the demand for housing, and the cost of living has grown tremendously. In Highlands Ranch, you can find all different types of homes including small, medium, and large, condos and apartments. The community that has grown is mainly new, with the average home value price being $600,000. Sale prices range from $300,000 to over a million. The median rental price is $2,000 per month.
Highlands Ranch Neighborhoods
- Eastridge. With a convenient location near the post office, Whole Foods, a recreation, center, and many parks, this neighborhood is highly sought after. Many houses have been built between 1987-1999 and you can find a variety of different homes in this neighborhood with beautiful landscaping, large lots, and large houses. The houses in this neighborhood have a starting price point of $600,000+.
- Backcountry. Established around 2007, this neighborhood is home to some houses with a large budget. Homes in Backcountry will sell for a starting price point of $1 million+. There are at least seven custom builders with unique property designs. This neighborhood boasts 500 acres of private green spaces such as greenbelts, trails, and ponds available for outdoor recreation.
- Westridge. This neighborhood is an ideal area for both indoor and outdoor recreation. Many homes’ backyards back into Mercy Park providing a beautiful scene of the front range mountain views. The median home price in Westridge is $650,000. There are two grocery stores located conveniently near this neighborhood, as well as plenty of shopping retail.
Great Education for Children in Highlands Ranch
Part of the Douglas County School District—the third largest in Colorado—it has been recognized as one of the best in the country with over 20 select schools in the area. Below are the following best schools by grade level.
- Redstone Elementary School. Overall Niche grade of A, Academics grade of A, Diversity grade of B, Teachers grade of A
- Cresthill Middle School. Overall Niche grade of A-, Academics grade of A-, Diversity grade of B+, Teachers grade of A-
- Rock Canyon High School. Overall Niche grade of A+, Academics grade of A, Diversity grade of B, Teachers grade of A-, College Prep grade of A
The Best Views of Colorado in Highlands Ranch
The views at Highlands Ranch are particularly breathtaking, as Colorado is known for its stunning scenery, this city too makes it to the top of the list of best landscapes. When driving or walking in the city, you can view the backdrop of the mountains no matter where you go. Most subdivisions in Highlands Ranch offer residents a beautiful view of the mountains.
Points of Interest in Highlands Ranch
From historic mansions to beautiful walking trails, Highlands Ranch offers the pick of litter when it comes to indoor and outdoor recreation and activities! These points of interest are the best-kept secrets of Highlands Ranch we will not divulge them to you!
- Highlands Ranch Mansion. Interested in some beautiful Common Era architecture and history? The Highlands Ranch Mansion and historic park has housed many Colorado businessmen, ranchers, and other well-to-do families since its birth in 1884. Visitors and guests can take a walking tour of the mansion, stroll through the beautiful gardens, as well as view historic barns, windmills, and other structures dedicated to ranching.
- Chatfield State Park. For those who draw their joy from spending time in nature and basking in the sunlight, you will enjoy all that Chatfield State Park has to offer. They are plenty of adventures boating, camping, and horseback riding. There are also a few trails and Willie viewing areas, with fishing and water activities.
- Playstreet Museum. Combine fun and learning with this fun addition to Highlands Ranch for your littles! Playstreet Museum is an indoor play space designed for children aged 8 and under with educational toys aimed at stimulating children’s imagination and curiosity. This is a great option for parents to do with their children if the weather is less than desirable.
Highlands Ranch Dining
When living in Highlands Ranch, there is never a dull moment when it comes to finding decent dining. Here are our favorite picks for you!
- Nono’s Cafe. Featuring a menu of soups, salads, steaks, stroganoff, and salons, Nono’s Cafe is known for its Cajun and Southern comfort food theme.
- Los Dos Potrillos Mexican Restaurant. If Mexican is what you crave, check out Los Dos Potrillos Mexican Restaurant. Here, the menu features burritos, tacos, mariscos, shellfish, seafood, and more!
- Old Blinking Light. Craving some good old-fashioned American dishes inspired by the Southwest? Try out the green-chile chicken fettuccine or the Diablo eggs at Old Blinking Light.
For more local information on Highlands Ranch, CO, contact us! We'd love to help you find the perfect house or home in Highlands Ranch or anywhere in the Denver metro area.